Your home is subject to numerous external conditions that are liable to damage your walls in one way or the other. The application of new paint on your home’s exterior is probably the best way to keep your home resistant of these conditions. We highly recommend The Painting Pro Guys if you decide to hire a painting contractor.
If you’re considering whether to hire a painting contractor or do the project yourself, here’s an article to help you determine the related costs.
The average costs of exterior paint range from $25 to $40 per gallon. For a three thousand square foot house, you will require an average of fifteen gallons paint. Premium quality paint, however, would cost you a whopping $50 to $100 per gallon, extending to more than $750 for larger homes. For you that is the alternative of doing it yourself, there are some things you would need to hire at specified rates a day.
The total amount you spend on these hires will depend on the number of days you need to finish a particular project. A sprayer or pressure washer for example typically goes for an average of $50-$100 in one single day, a ladder costs and average of $20-$75 a day.
Average labor costs for painting contractor should add up to 75 percent of the total costs. The other 25% would cater for any extra expenses, supplies and paint. A single story house would typically cost you between $1500 and $3000. A three story or larger building, on the other hand, would go as high as $3000 to $5500.
What to include
Select the best affordable quality as it lasts longer. Surveys conducted estimate the wearing off of external paint at five to seven years. Using poor quality and inexpensive paints is a threat to the number of years needed before repainting your exterior.
Conduct adequate preparations before you begin the painting process. Some of the preparatory steps include and are not limited to; scraping or using a pressure washer to remove any loose paints, using commercial solutions or bleach to rinse off any mildew traces, sealing any dark stains and many more practices.
When it comes to painting, you have two options to choose. Hand painting which is more expensive and thicker, or spray painting which takes lesser time and cheaper at the same time.
Extra services like painting the mailbox, door number or street numbers are more often than not automatically included in the painter’s estimates.
If you are doing it yourself, take a look at HGTV.com for the necessary tips on painting the exterior walls of your house or home.
Residents residing in historic districts all over the world would first need to countercheck with their district headquarters, and ensure that they adhere to any stipulated guidelines of painting the home. Homes that were built and painted in the olden days, as early as 1980 would require safety details from the National Lead Information Center (NLIC).
Certain outdated components like rotten would need replacement. Loose boards also need to be fixed. As such, this would call for extra expenses incurred in the processes involved.
If you would wish to shift from a light color to one that is darker, you will need to add additional paint layers. In so doing, you’d be piling up on the total cost of the project.
Rates stipulated by contractors are much lower during the off seasons when there is little work to be done as compared to peak seasons such as during summer. You can, however, ask for discounts if other numerous projects need attention.
Shopping for paint
Some of the greatest paint manufacturers include Sherwin-Williams and Behr. On the other hand, EarthEasy.com is your number one go-to for a list of all the top makeup brands that are non-toxic. If you’re unsure of the number of gallons you’d require for your home.
ThisOldHouse.com is a painter’s portal that will provide you with a list of professional artists, with referrals from different contractors from all over America.
For any extra information, be sure to ask around for the best paint contractors who have a positive reputation amongst their clients. Countercheck with the Better Business Bureau just to be sure of those companies and contractors that are well insured and licensed by the state.